At Campr, we respect your privacy. We commit to keeping your personal data safe and secure. We handle your information in line with the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) that can be found at the OAIC website (www.oaic.gov.au). If you are visiting the Campr website from Europe or Great Britain, please see our information relating to GDPR legislation, later in this policy. We also address the ‘Do Not Track’ signal information under the California Online Protection Act (CalOPPA) in this policy.
Who are we?
Campr is a digital publication produced and operated by Edge Studio Productions Pty Ltd.
Campr outlets include this Service, as well as blogs, newsletters and social media platforms, and may incorporate other platforms in the future. We produce videos and stories about outdoor adventure activities, including fishing, camping, caravanning, 4WDing and eco-travel. The content we produce is designed as infotainment – entertaining with an informational context. Some of our content is sponsored content.
This page informs you how Edge Studio manages, collects, uses, accesses, corrects and discloses your Personal Information when you use our Service and also lets you know about the choices you have associated with that data.
By using the Service, you agree to Edge Studio collecting and using your information in accordance with this policy.
- Edge Studio “us”, “we”, and “our” means Edge Studio Productions Pty Ltd (ABN 79 605 541 599) and its related and associated entities, licensees, assigns and successors in title, business partners, sponsors, affiliates and advertisers and each of its and their officers, employees, contractors and agents.
- Cookies: Cookies are small files stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
- Personal Information means all information and data collected by Edge Studio, including Personal Data, Usage Data and Location Data.
- Data Processors (or Service Providers): Data Processor (or Service Provider) means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller. We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
- Data Subject (or User): Data Subject is any living individual who is using our Service and is the subject of Personal Data.
- Personal Data: Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
- Service: Service is the www.campr.com.au website operated by Edge Studio
- Usage Data: Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- “You” and “your” means a user of the Service.
Information Collection and Use
We collect information only for the purposes of conducting our business as a digital publication and improving our Service to you.
We will collect Personal Data from you by lawful and fair means and not in an unreasonably intrusive way. The main way we collect your Personal Data is when you subscribe to our newsletter or contact us via our email contact form or via direct email.
Personal Data we collect may include, but is not limited to:
- Your email address;
- Your first name and last name;
- Your phone number;
- Your address, state, post code, country;
- Other personal information that you may provide when you contact us;
Use of Personal Data
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with direct marketing or promotional materials, email newsletters, competition notifications, event invitations and other information that may be of interest to you (“Marketing Materials”). We may also invite you to take advantage of discounts or offers on products and services, in conjunction with third-party partners.
We may also collect information on how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
This Usage Data does not identify you personally in any way.
Tracking & Cookies Data
Usage Data includes information collected using cookies and similar tracking technologies to track the activity on our Service.
Cookies are files with a small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Other tracking technologies are also used such as beacons, tags and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyse our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies: We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies: We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies: We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
- Advertising Cookies: Advertising Cookies are used to serve you with advertisements that may be relevant to you and your interests.
Use of Usage Data
We use the collected Usage Data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service;
- To notify you about changes to our Service;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so;
- To provide customer support;
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service;
- To monitor the usage of our Service;
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues;
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information; and
- To perform research and analysis aimed at improving our products and services;
We may use and store information about your location if you give us permission to do so (“Location Data”). We use this data to provide features of our Service, to improve and customise our Service.
You can enable or disable location services when you use our Service at any time by way of your device settings.
This Location Data does not identify you personally in any way.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
We may process your Personal Data because:
- We need to perform a contract with you
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it is not overridden by your rights
- For payment processing purposes
- To comply with the law
Retention of Data
We understand that the security of your Personal Information is important. It is our policy to ensure that all employees understand and take reasonable steps to keep Personal Information secure. Once your data is submitted it is stored on a combination of our server(s) and our third-party provider’s server(s) where only authorised staff from Edge Studio have access to the Personal Information for the purpose of providing products and services which you have engaged us to provide. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure the personal information we hold about you is relevant, not excessive, accurate, complete and up-to-date.
We will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer periods.
Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Information, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside Australia and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to Australia and process it there.
Disclosure of Data
Disclosure for Law Enforcement
Under certain circumstances, Edge Studio may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Edge Studio may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Edge Studio
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable and all reasonable means to protect your Personal Information to the extent required by the Australian Privacy Principles, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Our Policy on “Do Not Track” Signals under the California Online Protection Act (CalOPPA)
We do not support Do Not Track (“DNT”). Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked. You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
Your Data Protection Rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. Edge Studio aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete or limit the use of your Personal Data. If you wish to be informed about what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your Personal Data.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where Edge Studio relied on your consent to process your Personal Data.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyse the use of our Service.
- Google Analytics
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualise and personalise the ads of its own advertising network.
We may use third-party Service Providers to show advertisements to you to help support and maintain our Service.
- Bing Ads
Bing Ads is an advertising service provided by Microsoft Inc. You can opt-out from Bing Ads by following the instructions on Bing Ads Opt-out page: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
- Google Ads (AdWords)
Google Ads (AdWords) remarketing service is provided by Google Inc. You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customise the Google Display Network ads by visiting the Google Ads Settings page: http://www.google.com/settings/ads
Google also recommends installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on – https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout – for your web browser. Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on provides visitors with the ability to prevent their data from being collected and used by Google Analytics.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page:
We may provide paid products and/or services within the Service. In that case, we use third-party services for payment processing (e.g. payment processors).
The payment processor we work with is:
Links to Other Sites
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers
Access and Correction of Personal Information
Under the Privacy Act you have the right to access and view the Personal Information that we hold on you at any time. There may be times where accessing your Personal Information is refused due to legal proceedings or other circumstances as permitted under Australian Commonwealth law.
If you wish to exercise your right under the Privacy Act to seek access to the personal information that we hold about you, we ask that you contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will endeavour to provide your Personal Information within 30 days when reasonably and lawfully requested.
Where your Personal Information has changed or is found to be incorrect you may notify us at email@example.com of the incorrect details and have them amended. We will endeavour to respond to your request within 30 days of receipt of the complaint. Should this Personal Information not be amended within 30 days your details may be removed from our database.
If you are not satisfied with our response, you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.